Having healthier skin is important for everyone, but requires extra care as we age.
Despite being the largest organ of the body and completely renewing itself every few months, the skin begins to thin and lose its elasticity as we advance into our senior years. As the first line of defence against UV radiation, infection and bodily impacts, the skin is vital to your overall health.
Nobody wants wrinkles or age spots, and once they appear they are harder to treat. Reducing their visibility will be easier if you practice prevention tips in advance; otherwise, you'll need more anti aging skin care and moisturizers. Reducing exposure to excessive UV rays helps immensely. UV rays speed up the aging process, contributing to wrinkles and liver spots and also increase the risks of developing skin cancer. Quitting smoking helps as well.
Skin Care Tips
Here are some great ways to keep your skin looking young and healthy:
- Use gentle rinse-free cleaning products when possible.
- Bathe using warm rather than hot water – it's less damaging to the skin.
- Moisturize daily with skin care containing amino acids, vitamins and antioxidants.
- Avoid the sun, wear protective clothing and use sunscreen.
- Avoid strong soaps and perfumes.
- Don't smoke.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use a humidifier at home if you have chronic dry skin.
For some extra TLC, consider using skin care products regularly. There are plenty of choices on the market ranging from natural and organic skin care to more common anti aging skin care products. The skin of the face is thinnest, so facial skin care is a must to combat wrinkles and dryness.
Herbal Skin Care
Herbal skin care products are terrific for those with sensitive skin. Here are a few to consider:
- Sea buckthorn oil extract. Revitalizes and assists in renewing skin and mucous wounds.
- Revia or Revia Rosa. An anti aging facial treatment for younger and older skin.
- Herbal aromatherapy bath soaks such as Elegia herbal oil which contains lavender, chamomile, jasmine, bergamot, peppermint and orange essential oils along with natural vitamin E oil and sweet almond oil.